Frequently Asked Questions
The Internship Program
What are Virtual Internships?
Internships that are done online and remotely are called Virtual Internships. Interns work on projects whose scope and deliverables are identified before the internship starts
Am I eligible to apply?
Undergraduate and graduate students of all nationalities from various academic backgrounds are eligible for the virtual internship program. You should be a student in good standing with your university with a minimum of 2.5 GPA (or its equivalent)
What type of projects will I be working on?
You will be working on real-time projects that are of strategic importance for the host organizations. The projects will have well-defined objectives and outcomes so you have absolute clarity on what is to be accomplished.
Which sectors will my project be in?
Projects span a wide range of sectors including (but not limited to):
- Manufacturing & FMCG
- Health Care
How will collaboration work for virtual internships?
- Authentica uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools and technologies that allow you to create and manage projects, share files, chat with various stakeholders, find all the project related information, request/schedule calls with mentors and teammates, etc. The platforms will also allow you to submit your work and receive feedback from your supervisor
- The orientation session will familiarize you with these tools and technologies before the start of the internship
- We will also support you on an ongoing basis with these tools
What kind of mentorship and support is included in the program?
- Authentica helps students better prepare for their internship by providing mentorship and support by experienced industry experts and management consultants. The mentors will also help you think through challenges you might face during the project so you can achieve your project goals
- Mentors will make their calendars available to you so you can request/schedule a session with them
Will I get academic credit for the program?
Authentica will help you with relevant documentation so you can apply for academic credit with your university. We’ll also be happy to talk to your academic services department and provide them with the necessary details.
Where will the host companies be located for my virtual internships?
Virtual internships are by definition global. However, the majority of our host companies are currently based in India and Vietnam, where we have strong relationships with organizations that we know will give you a powerful internship experience.
Is the Information I share with Authentica confidential?
Authentica only asks for the information necessary to facilitate your internships. We also provide a safe and secure platform to maintain the privacy of enrolled students.
How do I apply?
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form of our website.
- Authentica advises all the candidates to submit their most recent qualifications (CV/Course/Certifications)
- Upon submission of your application, you will have a video interview
- Once all information is reviewed, you’ll receive communication on whether or not your application is successful. If you are accepted, you’ll be required to pay a deposit to secure your internship.
- Upon receiving your deposit, we will place you with an appropriate team, project, and project that matches your stated preferences.
- To accept the placement, you’ll be required to pay the balance amount due to the internship.
Upon receiving your balance payment, Authentica will introduce you to your team, project, and supervisor and facilitate your onboarding on to the company and project
How will the interview process work?
The candidates will be interviewed by our enrolment team to assess the candidates’ competencies and ensure that we will be able to find a suitable project that matches with the candidates’ career goals
Do I need to submit references?
Yes, once candidates are placed into the program, they will have 2 weeks to submit two references – ideally one academic and one professional. If that combination is not possible, the candidate can submit two academic references.
How does the selection process work?
Candidates will be accepted based on the strength of their application and their references.
How will the project placement process work?
Once the application has been accepted, Authentica will offer 3 internship choices that best match the candidate’s preferences and career goals. The candidate can choose the project that they would most like to work on.
Who will be on my team?
Authentica will create a diverse team from the pool of applicants based on project needs, candidate background and host company inputs. Your teammates will be university students like you and this will provide a great opportunity to leverage your individual strengths, develop your team work skills and make new friends!
What assistance will be given to prepare me for the internship?
To better prepare you for the virtual internship, we will host an orientation session that will take you through the internship process and help you with the tools and technologies that you would be needing during the course of your internship. We will also set up and initiate the first meeting with your teammates and between your teammates and the host company.
How much does the internship cost?
- The virtual internships are competitively priced at $1295 per internship, which includes placement fee, project scoping, team formation, professional-grade tools and technologies for collaboration, coaching and mentorship, CV writing and review, and a letter of reference.
- There is no cost to apply, but if your application is accepted, a $500 deposit is due. The balance is due once you receive your placement offer.
What is the cancellation policy?
- There is no cancellation fee if you cancel before you accept your enrolment offer
- If you cancel after you are placed on a project in the industry of your choice but before you accept the offer, cancellation fee is $500
- If you cancel after you have accepted your placement but more than 30 days before starting your internship, cancellation fee is $750
- There will be no refunds if you cancel less than 30 days from the start of your internship